Specialty Claims Manager - Professional Liability
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Specialty Claims Manager - Professional LiabilityJob ID #:
Itasca, ILFunctional Area:
85100 - Risk Management ClaimsPosition Type:
Full - Time Education Required:
Bachelors DegreeExperience Required:
7 - 10 Years Relocation Provided:
Job DescriptionWhere Great People Build Successful Careers.The Hanover is seeking Specialty Claims Manager, Professional Liability to join our growing team in our Itasca, IL office.Summary:
Responsible for high exposure specialty claims and represent the company's largest damage exposures. May include, but are not limited to Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) and Accountants Professional Liability (APL). Responsible for daily oversight, manage and lead team of employees, and build a highly engaged workforce to achieve the key business strategies of the organization through effective claims handling.Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to deliver effective performance management, communication, relationship building, decision making, and customer service.Responsible for assessing the present and future resource needs for employees and provide the leadership, mentoring and guidance necessary to build and sustain a high performing workforce.Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Accountable for monitoring and assessing employee performance through spot checks, file reviews, ad hoc reports and other methods. Provide feedback and coaching and take appropriate action.- Oversee the operational and technical work of the team and implement claim handling best practices to coordinate consistent handling of our company's largest exposure claims- Process large quantities of file material, quickly discern key issues and create a plan for quickest claim evaluation- Direct outside counsel to most efficiently manage the litigation- May be involved in direct handling of extraordinary claims or losses- Monitor and control expenses related to claim handling activities- Manage according to established expense, reserve and settlement authority levels- Interpret and execute policies of higher level management- May lead quality file review teamsTalent/Performance Management:
- Responsible for monitoring volume and business plans, make timely staffing recommendations within established models and participate in identifying the ideal candidate.- Responsible to identify and provide developmental opportunities through coaching and mentoring.- Recognizes opportunities for technical and industry training as part of a personal and professional development program.- Work with employees on performance management by setting cascading goals, giving and receiving feedback, documenting and delivering performance reviews, addressing performance issues, creating and implementing development plans while conforming to policies and other internal procedures.- Responsible for salary administration recommendations that are directly linked to individual performance.- Utilizes technology and talent management to increase efficiency and scalability to support corporate growth and service initiatives.Daily oversight of resources, workflow and processes:
- Direct day-to-day operations, which include tracking measures, analyzing reports, and reinforcing goals.- Develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives which result in cost effective enhancements in quality and service.Builds positive relationships with internal/external customers to accomplish organizational goals:
- Identify key issues and communicate to the proper audience in an appropriate and timely manner.- Act as an expert resource for direct reports, other teams, business units and claims leadership.- Collaborate with Distribution by participating in marketing meetings, agency and insured visits and other supporting activities.- May lead and/or participate in initiatives that support claims strategies and financial goals.Position RequirementsRequirements:
- Bachelor's degree with related Specialty Claims experience- Juris Doctor preferred- 7-10 years of claims experience with some experience in management- Commercial litigation experience- Effective problem solver, who anticipates issues, seeks out and analyzes information collaboratively to propose solutions. Takes ownership for a successful resolution.- Anticipates needs of the customer and takes a proactive approach to ensure they are met.- Hires and develops the right people in the right place at the right time to deliver exceptional claim handling results and quality service.- Able to multi-task and reprioritize- Effectively and creatively utilizes all resources (systems, people, etc.) to manage daily operations- Strong people management skills, effective at coaching and motivating staff. Serves as a role model in building effective relationships- Possess advanced claims technical knowledge combined with the ability to teach- Excellent communicator; communicates frequently in a clear, concise manner- Able to understand and articulate claims operations in a way that drives and achieves team(s) results- Supervisory experience preferred but not required- Proficient using MS Word and Excel and have good typing abilityPhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods- Required to work on-site as needed- Ability to travel as necessary- Ability to work hours in excess of 40 hours per week- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing or stressful environment- Ability to perform in a loud/noisy work environment- Ability to operate a motor vehicleRecognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes, The Hanover is proud to be among the top property and casualty insurers in the United States. The Hanover offers a collaborative environment where you'll gain new experiences and grow your career. The Hanover offers comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, and maintain work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.EEO statement:
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed 'Employment Agency Agreement' already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management. .