Specialty Pharmacy Manager (Field Based -Anywhere in US)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE COMPANY
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of SPECIALTY PHARMACY MANAGER, based ANYWHERE IN THE US.( NEAR A MAJOR METROPOLITAN AIRPORT.
This position is responsible for leading the relationship with key specialty pharmacy partners in support of Actelions commercial strategy for all U.S. marketed products. The role will ensure that access to Actelions products is initiated and maintained through key specialty pharmacy customers. The Specialty Pharmacy Manager will work cross functionally with other business functions within Actelion, primarily patient centric business units, managed markets, marketing, product line managers, field sales and medical teams, distribution and quality management, and US drug safety, legal and regulatory under the direct guidance of the management team.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
* Develop and execute strategic action plan for key specialty pharmacy customers for each US marketed product
* Lead implementation related to the addition of key specialty pharmacy customers into the distribution network for Actelion products
* Act as a single point of contact between internal business units and specialty pharmacy customers
* Develop cross functional solutions to meet specialty pharmacy access challenges for US marketed products
* Lead cross functional teams to develop relevant documentation and standard operating procedures related to key specialty pharmacy customer activity
* Ensure operational issues between Actelion and key specialty pharmacy customers are identified, tracked, and resolved
* Manage core specialty pharmacy accounts, specialty distribution and specialty pharmacy service agreements, contract negotiations and compliance
* Serve as the business owner and partner with IT to implement technology infrastructure, including the hardware, software, and other technology needed to drive efficiency and accuracy related to specialty pharmacy
* Lead working teams that monitor, assess, and prepare reporting data collection and reporting for Actelion products with REMS programs
* Coordinate and conduct specialty pharmacy audits with external vendor(s) and ensure corrective action activities are tracked and resolved with key specialty pharmacy customers
* Monitor specialty pharmacy performance related to patient management services, data exchanges, and other services as outlined in distribution services agreements
* Provide training and education to both internal and external stakeholders on specialty pharmacy programs and operations and risk evaluation and mitigation activities
* Foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and communicate regularly department efforts to promote transparency
* Work closely with legal and regulatory departments to ensure compliance with Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc. standards of practice and external regulatory guidance
* Provide strategic input for business strategies related to market access that are relevant to specialty pharmacy operations.
* Project management of various initiatives and launches at specialty pharmacy
* Collaborate with specialty pharmacies and Actelion stakeholders to design adherence/compliance and persistency programs based on customer needs
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor of Science, RN, or RPh, with five years biopharmaceutical experience or with three years specialty pharmacy experience, or CPhT or LPN with 10 years biopharma or specialty pharmacy experience.
* Working knowledge of distribution methods and channels in the Biotech industry
* Three years experience in customer service, distribution management, or reimbursement preferred
* Experience with distribution of RiskMAP and/or REMS products or pharmaceutical regulatory experience
* Knowledge of clinical and/or reimbursement processes at specialty pharmacies
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
* Strong balance between strategic thinking/planning and tactical execution
* Proven skills in decision making and problem solving
* Ability to work independently
* Field base position. Must live near a major metropolitan airport. (50% Travel)
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement