This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The specification writer is a corporate office position for Smithfield Foods that writes and maintains product specifications for the company used to produce products and as sales information. The position also helps to maintain product quality information in customer and company databases or websites.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Write and maintain detailed plant product specifications and follow through with first production runs
* Train employees on new products as necessary
* Write general customer product specifications
* Write and maintain product specifications for unique raw materials
* Complete product and data management workflow for new items
* Maintain product and data management information
* Complete customer information packets when requested
* Input product information into customer electronic databases
* Answer sales and customer questions about products and processes
* Help with quality and food safety projects as needed
* Associate s degree required; Bachelor s degree preferred
* 50% travel or more
* Experience in the meat or food industry is required
* Ability to work in and learn various computer software programs
* Knowledge of understanding food science and processing, quality assurance principles, USDA rules and regulations, and statistics
* Strong oral and written language skills
* Good mathematical skills
* Strong decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Able to communicate effectively and respond to common requests about products and processes