This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSpecifications Leader
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we re refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
A Specifications Leader is responsible for assisting project teams in preparing Preliminary Project Descriptions, Outline Specifications, and Construction Project Manuals. The role includes supporting project teams in their responsibility of researching materials, selection products, editing specifications and administering construction contracts. The supporting role includes training, mentoring, and collaborating with project teams to edit some specifications. Construction specifiers at Gensler are integrated project team members rather than departmentalized in-house consultants.
* Providing specification editing support for a variety of Studios and Practice Areas.
* Communicating firm best practices, policies, and procedures to project teams.
* Educating and mentoring staff on master specification documents, construction document technology, and editing methodology.
* Liaising with Manufacturers Representatives as needed for research and project support.
* Assisting Regional Specification Leaders in developing and maintain master specification documents.
* Assisting Regional Specification Leaders to prepare and present education materials related to specifications and other technical topics.
* Assisting Regional Specification Leaders with compliance training and monitoring activities.
* Possess a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited architecture school, preferably be a registered architect, and possess at least 3-5 years of architecture/engineering industry experience.
* Working knowledge of construction documentation.
* Hold a Construction Document Technologist (CDT) certificate, or preferably be a Certified Construction Specifier (CCS).
* Good command of both written/oral English. Spanish and Portuguese a plus.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
* This position is based in Gensler s New York office.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.