Specimen Processor - Full Time 12pm-8 pm - Framingham
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW:
The Specimen Processor works as part of the healthcare team to process specimens in a high-volume setting.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities:
* Receive specimens from outside clinics as the courier drop-off.
* Ensure correct data entry as each specimen is received into the Harvest LIS
* Check for proper name, accession number, clinic ID and correct samples.
* Verify reference lab interface
* Prepare all send out specimens for pick to reference lab and ensure proper handling of specimens according to in-house or reference laboratory protocols
* Ensure that all specimens to be sent to reference lab have the proper test(s) ordered, the correct ACESSION NUMBER and correct specimen.
* Work carefully, not handling too many specimens at one time
* Sort all in-house labs to various departments, placing specimens in appropriate racks, chemistry, hematology, immunoassays, urines to the urine bench, etc.
* QC requisitions and Quest log
* Fax all CC reports
* Check fax logs
* Discard specimens after 7 days
* Clean processing areas at the end of the evening
* Follow laboratory processing procedures at all times
* Follow OSHA requirements at all times
* Restock area
* Check eyewash station and fire extinguishers monthly
* Notify lab manager of any issues with orders and or specimens.
* High School Diploma required.
* Attention to detail
* Reliable and dependable
* Good organization
* Data entry experience a plus
* Basic computer knowledge needed
CRMA is a equal opportunity employer.