Specimen Processor, 25 Hrs, PT, Melbourne, Florida
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Purpose: The Processor receives samples into the laboratory and properly readies them for testing. This process includes entering orders into the LIS, labeling biological specimens, as well as spinning and separating those specimens in preparation for testing. The Processor works in conjunction with laboratory testing personnel to ensure that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result is achieved at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follows written lab procedures for the correct handling and processing of specimens.
* Maintains accuracy. Double checks all work prior to submitting
* Accurately reads and enters the tests ordered by clients into the BioReference LIS.
* Completes routine and STAT order entry within acceptable TAT.
* Correctly and accurately pours off specimens for testing and/or transport
* Uses BRAD/SSR to map, load, request, remove, and destroy specimens
**Specimen Processor Schedule is Monday-Friday 10:30pm-3:30am
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm(Sentence and numbers) with 100% accuracy
Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
Must be able to work night shift.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of times
Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.