Speech Language Pathologist / SLP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRN
Brookdale Spicewood Springs 4401 Spicewood Springs Rd Austin , TX 78759
Job #: prnSLPausTX061436
A career with Brookdale has never been so rewarding! Brookdale's Skilled Nursing Home Care and Rehabilitation communities offer an atmosphere that that feels more like a family than just a job. With locations all throughout the country, we get the opportunity to enrich thousands of lives every day. We are a trusted partner because we truly listen to the needs and wishes of our residents and their families, then customize a solution that puts that life within reach. We help residents recover with dignity while receiving compassionate care, personal attention and professional services. As with all other Brookdale solutions, those who serve our residents in skilled nursing and rehabilitation environments do so because it is their calling to serve others with passion, courage and true sense of partnership.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Identify and treat residents with speech, language, voice and fluency disorders
* Provide and direct speech therapy services to patients, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation
* Develop treatment plans by identifying a problem list, long and short-term goals, and methods to achieve recovery
* Work in accordance with physicians' orders and adhere to applicable principles and practices of speech therapy, Brookdale policies/procedures, and state regulations
* Review the quality and match of the total services delivered and individual speech language pathology programs using predetermined criteria
Required skills and qualifications:
* Master's degree in speech therapy from an accredited program
* License to practice speech therapy in the state; Vital Stim Certification
* ASHA Certification; must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
* Skilled nursing experience preferred
* Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as needed
* Basic computer software skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-141350.aspx'