Speech & Lang Pathologist SNF
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Port Charlotte, FL
South Port Square - 23033 Westchester Boulevard Port Charlotte, FL 33980
Job #: prnSLPpchrFL061699b
A career with Brookdale has never been so rewarding! Brookdale's Skilled Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Communities offer an atmosphere that feels more like a family than just a job. With locations throughout the country, we have the opportunity to enrich thousands of lives every day. We are a trusted partner because we truly listen to the needs and wishes of our residents and their families, then customize a solution that puts that life within reach. We help residents recover with dignity, while receiving compassionate care, personal attention and professional services. As with all other Brookdale solutions, those who serve our residents in skilled nursing and rehabilitation environments do so because it is their calling to serve others with passion, courage and true sense of partnership.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Identifies and treats patients with speech, language, voice, fluency and swallowing disorders
* Improves patient's communication skills through vocal exercises and cognitive therapies
* Establishes individual patient plan of care to optimally address patient-specific goals and to comply with service delivery parameters in accordance with the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual, Managed Care Contract or other guidelines specific to long term care
* Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals
* Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the treatment plan. Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician's orders
Required skills and qualifications:
* Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program required
* Previous speech language pathology experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* License to practice speech language pathology within the state
* Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical Fellowship Year
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-149646.aspx'