Speech Language Pathologist / Speech Therapist (Healthcare) - PRN - JV West Valley
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Jordan Valley West
West Valley City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus opened its doors in 1963 with three operating rooms, forty beds, and was called Pioneer Valley Hospital. By 1980 a new hospital facility had been on the original site.
Today this west side medical facility is host to over 36,000 emergency room visits, making it one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
In 2004 Pioneer Valley Hospital completed an 18-month long, $14 million construction project which included more than 88,000 square feet of expansion and renovations and a significant investment in state-of-the-art medical technology.
The project was conducted in two phases with the first phase producing a new 16,800 square foot emergency room with separate entrances for ambulances and walk-in patients. The second phase included the remodel of approximately 33,400 square feet in the areas of radiology, endoscopy, the baby nursery, hospital laboratory, central sterilization, and outpatient services.
In 2014 the building exterior was renovated to reflect the improvements made within the hospital and our name changed to Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus to more closely reflect our commitment to the community we serve.
As the hospital has grown, Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus has maintained its long-time commitment to providing expert healthcare with kindness and compassion.
If you are a a Speech Language Pathologist who is looking for a new position that offers plenty of opportunities to develop and expand your professional skills with an innovative healthcare organization, join our team! We are a subsidiary of Iasis Healthcare, which has wned and operated community-focused hospitals in high-growth urban and suburban markets since 1998.
As a Speech Pathologist, you will provide your patients with a full range of therapy treatments designed to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury. You will evaluate and treat patients based on treatment plans developed in cooperation with their referring physicians.
Specific duties include:
* Performing appropriate Speech Therapy evaluations.
* Designing and implementing appropriate treatment plans based on the analysis and interpretation of evaluation results.
* Maintaining proper documentation.
* Reporting all appropriate data to patient's record.
* Serving as a resource person to other health team members.
* Providing Direction to licensed and non licensed personnel as required.
* Participating in case conferences and quality assurance activities.
* Assisting with in-service and contributing to the development of staff education and orientation programs.
* Consistently providing exceptional customer service.
* Current Utah State Speech Pathology Licensure.
* Graduate of an approved School of Speech/Language Pathology.
* BLS Certification (CPR) issued by American Heart Association AHA Healthcare Provider is required. * Previous experience in all aspects of speech therapy services required.
* Must be able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and written
Iasis Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"JORDAN VALLEY HOSPITAL WEST VALLEY CAMPUS IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OWNED BY AN ENTITY THAT PROUDLY INCLUDES PHYSICIAN OWNERS, INCLUDING CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE HOSPITAL\'S MEDICAL STAFF."
Job: Speech Therapist
Primary Location: Utah-West Valley City
Organization: Jordan Valley West
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: PRN Position
Work Schedule: Rotating Schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled