- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Entry level clinician who demonstrates the ability to effectively evaluate patients referred to Speech-Language Pathology and to develop and implement functional, effective and efficient management / therapy programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical performance 1. Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective management / treatment plans and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per Department Policy and Procedure.
2. Provides safe, functionally relevant and effective treatment interventions.
3. Educates the patient on the assessment process, goals, therapeutic methods and, upon discharge, of any home program activities.
4. Plays an active role in the discharge planning process (patient rounds, Team Conferences, consulting with Care Manager, etc) Fiscal
5. Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department productivity and financial standards.
6. Submits charges in timely and accurate manner. Professional Development
7. Utilizes supervisory support appropriately.
8. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc). Organizational Commitment
9. Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc).
10. Displays active involvement in Quality Management.
11. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement and Service Pride standards.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
13. Conforms to TMH Policies and Protocols, e.g. dress standards, Business Practice guidelines, at10dance, annual compe10cies and safety in-services.
14. Accepts responsibility for other duties as assigned. Patient may be the individual, the Qualified Personal Representative and/or any other individual the patient invites to join the educational activity.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate Degree (e.g. MA, MS) in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders with a major in SLP from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Clinical experience of 2 years or less. May be in Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY). Desirable experiences include: medical speech-language pathology with an adult population, SNF or rehab focused clinical experiences.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Must hold, or be in process of achieving, the certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. -Must hold or be eligible for Texas licensure in Speech-Language Pathology. Must hold, or be in the process of achieving Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. Competency in FIMS scoring (upon employment)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. For successful completion of the essential functions of this job, 2. Must posses the skills and knowledge to execute the essential functions of the job; fluency in written and spoken English; the ability to establish/maintain good rapport with patients, customers and departmental staff; computer literacy, esp. in word processing, spreadsheet, electronic communication programs; the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.