Speech Therapist - Per Diem - MossRehab Outpatient Therapy - King of Prussia
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
SINCE 1959, MOSSREHAB HAS PROVIDED OUR PATIENTS WITH A BREADTH OF EXPERTISE UNRIVALED IN THE REGION. SUPERIOR CLINICAL EXPERTISE, NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED REHABILITATION SPECIALISTS, UNSURPASSED DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITIES, A PASSION FOR ADVOCACY, A PATIENT CENTERED TEAM PHILOSOPHY AND A QUEST FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. THESE ARE THE QUALITIES THAT HAVE EARNED MOSSREHAB ITS OUTSTANDING REPUTATION AT THE LOCAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL LEVELS AND ENABLE TO US TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN HIGHLY MOTIVATED, GIFTED REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS. IN FACT, U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORTS HAS CONSISTENTLY RANKED US AMONG THE NATION S BEST REHABILITATION FACILITIES. WE WERE ALSO NAMED ONE OF THE BEST EMPLOYERS IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA THIS YEAR, COME FIND OUT WHY! EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Providing diagnostic and rehabilitative services to patients with cognitive, communication and swallowing impairments to improve skills and restore function
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s) adolescent, adult, older adult, and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology required
* 2+ years professional experience required
* ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology required
* Pennsylvania State License required
* Physical Requirements: Light work, may involve transportation of patients throughout hospital, occasional transfers
* Visual Requirements: Continuous near vision, depth perception, full field of vision or compensatory ability
* Hearing Requirements: Continuous conversation, some with reduced volume/clarity, frequent phone communication
* Working Conditions: Individual offices serve as treatment rooms; treatment may also take place on nursing units and in other therapy areas
* Exposures: Radiation exposure due to Barium Videofluoroscopic Swallowing Evaluations. Exposure is monitored via radiation badges and reviewed monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.