Sportswear Associate/Clerk - ReqCode 344-749322
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Coat Factory. If you are interested in a seasonal opportunity in retail, consider joining one of the largest off-price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor and everything for baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. With 500 stores, we're always looking for good talent that can drive results. To support our holiday business, we have the following position available: SEASONAL RECOVERY SPECIALIST.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Recovery Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, generating sales, and safeguarding company assets.
* Provide a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
* Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer
* Aid customers in locating merchandise and communicate customer requests to management
* Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
* Assist in housekeeping (i.e. cleaning mirrors and floors) on sales floor and within the fitting room areas
* Ensure sizing is accurate within category
* Assist in monitoring floor stock
* Participate in year-end inventory
* Assist in bagging merchandise at registers as needed
* Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Ability to provide outstanding customer service
* Ability to maintain consistent merchandising standards
* Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
* Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to function effectively in a team environment
* Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
* Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
* Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
* Ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
* Ability to work a part-time schedule, 5pm to closing, including weekends, and holidays
* Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
* Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
* Previous retail sales experience within a Big Box or Specialty environment preferred
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage plus an associate discount.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You're going to like it here!