Spring-Up (Hillsville, VA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
VANGUARD FURNITURE CO INC
Mount Airy, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob location is 565 Industrial Park Drive, Hillsville, VA. Directions from Mount Airy: Merge onto I-77 N toward I-74 W/Wytheville (Crossing into VA), take the US-58/US-221 exit, EXIT 14, toward Hillsville/Galax. Approximately a 30 minute drive from Mount Airy.
Position Summary: Assembles and fastens coil springs in wood frame.
* Gather all supplies including springs, staples, nails, no-sags, FLW, no-sag clips and vertex clips and have them ready at work station as needed.
* Get frames from webbing back to work station as they come through process.
* Consult standards/notes for each piece to ensure quality and accurateness.
* Apply nails, strings, and springs in each piece in accordance to Vanguard Quality standards.
* Apply edge wire, cover, and FLW over the frame and apply edge rope.
* Set frame off bucks utilizing proper lifting techniques and asking for assistance if the frame is too large, heavy or cumbersome to handle alone.
* Push frame to loading area for inter-company truck.
* Scan the piece completed in the system once finished with the piece.
* Perform all duties safely and report any safety hazards to your immediate supervisor.
* Complete other assigned duties as directed by supervisor.
* Place springs in frame and tie down using eight-way hand tie method.
* Put cardboard on frames where needed.
* Maintains neat and orderly work station.
* Wear required safety glasses and work shoes; works safely and reports unsafe conditions to Dept. Supervisor.
* Performs other duties as required by supervisor.