This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/10/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
SPRINKLER FITTER / SERVICE TECHNICIAN - SimplexGrinnell (Ventura, CA)
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Service Technicians to ensure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
* Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
* Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
* These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge and fire pumps.
* Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose and repair equipment.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. #external
Who were looking for:
* 3-5 years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression industry.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Able to participate in an on call rotation schedule.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
* Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.