This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Installation of water based fire sprinkler systems, layout and fabrication of piping.
* Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities a plus.
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equpipment up to 40 feet or more.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
* Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
* Complete and submit time reports and other doucments as required.
* May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
* Perform other duties as directed.
Who were looking for:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to carry equipment/tools in excess of 40 pounds
* Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, or lifts.
* Ability to prove at least 2 years experience.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.