Sprinkler Design Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Sprinkler Design Technician - SimplexGrinnell
ABOUT THE ROLE
Design Technician III Employees engaged in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems.
* Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts
* Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
* Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD software packages that are based on the AutoCAD platform, coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components and perform hydraulic calculations.
* Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
* Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew, coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum Experience: 5-10 years
* Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra Proficient in
* AutoCAD,MSOffice,SprinkCAD,and a hydraulic calculation program.
* Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout.
* NICET III certification preferred