Sprinkler Design Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 9/8/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Sprinkler Design Technician - SimplexGrinnell
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Responsible for all aspects of sprinkler design including hydraulic calculations, shop drawings preparation and project management
* Design and layout fire protection systems to meet NFPA standards
* Coordinate piping layout & elevations with other trades
* List material for ordering and fabrication after drawings have been approved
* Oversee material procurement, costs and delivery
* Troubleshoot issues raised by AHJ, customers and installers
* Prepare basic hydraulic calculations and project submittal drawings
* Receive and respond to customer design needs
* Correspond with district municipalities for the design needs
* Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records
Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Minimum qualification of a NICET level is desired
* Previous experience in the fire protection industry
* AutoCAD training combined with experience in designing and performing hydraulic calculations for sprinkler systems is required
* Completion of a college program or equivalent education preferred
* Self-motivated with flexibility to respond to emergency situations
* Good interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work with minimum supervision
* Knowledge of NFPA codes and standards
* Valid drivers license and dependable transportation