This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* The primary function of this position is to complete the installation of fire protection piping, valves, and accessories for commercial and industrial application.
* Installation or Service Equipment on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems.
* Ability to maintain proper documentation for work performed.
* Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. #external
Who were looking for:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5 years of previous experience with fire sprinkler installation/service
* Experienced in reading, interpreting and identifying field conflicts on Sprinkler installation drawings.
* Must be able to act as lead foreman
* Required to attend weekly foreman meetings
* Displays professionalism in communication with customers
* Prefer NICET level II or higher
* Understand NFPA 13 installation requirements
* Valid Drivers License with good driving record
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs and perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
* Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends, on-call rotation and overnight traveling to meet customer and/or job requirements.