This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Sprinkler Fitter in Williston, VT
* Perform installation, service, repair, and day work of fire sprinkler systems of all types
* Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all debris associated with SimplexGrinnell work
* Maintain proper documentation for all work performed
* Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities
* Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss
* Complete and submit time reports and safety documents as required
* May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer service/installation requirements
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* 1-3 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 100 pounds
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. as well as the ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members
* Have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.