This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 7/22/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
Menomonee Falls, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Alarm and Inspector SimplexGrinnell
About the role
About the role:
Perform inspection, testing and maintenance/repair of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA.
Candidate should have the ability to accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection.
Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus.
Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, customers and authorities having jurisdiction both written and verbally as desired. Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for:
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
* Two years field experience as a Sprinkler Fitter, Inspector or Trainee
* Must be able to obtain a NICET II Certification
* Functional knowledge of Wet and Dry Sprinkler Systems
* Valid driver's license with good driving record
* Ability to stand, or climb stairs and ladders for a long period of time
* Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds without assistance
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Good written and oral communication skills and have good organizational skills
* Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows, and standpipes a plus
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment security, drug and background check