This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SPRINKLER INSPECTOR II - Employees responsible for the execution of service schedules including routine servicing, inspection, and up sell to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers expectation. 3S Senior applies experience and /or skills acquired through formal training to procedures policies and understanding of team objectives. Responsibilities for test and inspection of water sprinkler systems, water spray systems, foam-water sprinkler systems, standpipes, combination standpipes, backflow preventers, hydrants and fire pumps. Anticipates problems and recognizes when to deviate from standard practices. Selects appropriate procedures to resolve problems which may involve uncommon variations. Complete Service Acknowledgements and Inspection reports with proper coding through communication devices such as Laptop computers, smart phone apps, mobile devices and/or hard copies. Complete assigned inspections on time, perform other duties as assigned.
Who were looking for:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2-5 years of experience in the fire sprinkler industry
* Prefer Backflow prevention tester certification
* Prefer NICET Level II Certification in Fire Protection Engineering Technology Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems
* Must be able to obtain the State of Florida, Water-Based Fire Protection Inspectors permit within 90 days from hire date
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, schematics and operational/product manuals
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70lbs
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service
* Ability to adhere to implement and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude and an ability to learn quickly
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements