This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Perform inspection, testing and maintenance/repair of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA.
* Candidate should have the ability to accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection.
* Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus.
* Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, customers and authorities having jurisdiction both written and verbally as desired.
Who were looking for:
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
* Two years field experience as a Sprinkler Fitter, Inspector or Trainee
* Must be able to obtain a NICET II Certification
* Functional knowledge of Wet and Dry Sprinkler Systems
* Valid driver's license with good driving record
* Ability to stand, or climb stairs and ladders for a long period of time
* Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds without assistance
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Good written and oral communication skills and have good organizational skills
* Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows, and standpipes a plus
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment security, drug and background check