This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SPRINKLER INSTALLER- SIMPLEXGRINNELL
About the role
Installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
- Installation or Service Experience on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems
- Read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain proper documentation for work performed
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Follow verbal and written instructions,
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
- Wear appropriate safety equipment, including harnesses, hard hats and protective toe shoes.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- May be required to participate in on-call rotation schedule
#externalRewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for:
Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision
- Capable of performing physical labor
- Excellent communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Apprentice Certificate is required
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record
- Ability to travel and flexibility to work on weekends, nights or holidays