Sprinkler Installer Contracting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
* Installation of fire protection systems including wet, dry, pre-action and deluge fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial applications in compliance with current codes.
* Must be able to coordinate our work with the work of other trades as required.
* Successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations.
* Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures to ensure all duties are performed in a safer and professional manner.
* High school diploma or equivalent or journeyman's certification.
* Minimum of five years experience of commercial fire protection system installation and testing.
* Ability to lift and carry heavy supplies and equipment in excess of 70 lbs.
* Ability to work in a trench 8 feet below the ground or 100 feet or higher above the floor.
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment.
* Ability to use hand and power tools safely.
* Ability to use a variety of tools ranging from pipe wrenches and pipe threading machines to welding equipment and manlifts.
* Ability to read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installations activities.
* May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays to respond to emergency situations.
* Must be able to work alternative shifts or work nights.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, employers, customers and authorities having jurisdiction in English both written and verbally.
* Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes.
* Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets Company requirements. Must conform with all Fleet standards.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment security, drug and background check.