This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA world of opportunity awaits you
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Responsible for the installation of wet, dry, pre-action and deluge fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial, residential buildings, and industrial applications in compliance with current codes.
* Must maintain the proper documentation for work performed.
* Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures to ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner.
* Must be able to coordinate our work with the work of other trades as required.
Who we're looking for:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of four (4) years of experience in commercial fire sprinkler installation and testing.
* Valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements. Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision. Must be able to read blueprints.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly.
* Capable of performing physical labor.
* Excellent communication skills.
* May be required to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
* Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment.
* Ability to use hand and power tools safely.
* Must have or able to obtain State required licenses