Sprinkler Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 4/6/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
DONT LET THIS OPPORTUNITY GO UP IN SMOKE. With over one million customers in the US and Canada, SimplexGrinnell is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be part of it. We are the leader in fire and life safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service state-of-the-art fire alarm, sprinkler, suppression, integrated security, sound and healthcare communication systems and services. We offer our employees unequaled opportunities for career growth, respect for a job well done, and an outstanding array of benefits that go beyond medical and dental. IF YOURE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT, JOIN SIMPLEXGRINNELL AND PROTECT WHAT MATTERS MOST.
This position provides broad support to the sprinkler contract business. Support includes: project review and consultation, developing and communicating best practices, improve safety performance, provide training, review district processes and develop action plans to improve financial performance on executed sprinkler contract work. Represent SimplexGrinnell with industry associations and community associations. Identify, coach/mentor and recruit high potential talent as future leaders and to develop overall bench strength.
* Drive improvement in under performing districts
* Foster and promote a unified and energized sprinkler community
* Improve the leadership talent and bench strength of the sprinkler contract business
* Indentify/develop and promote contracting best practices
* Developing trust and credibility across a broad geographical and hierarchical constituency
* Prioritization and time management many demands for time and expertise
* Travel will be heavy to be visible and effective
* 10 yrs in Sprinkler contract management
* Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of contract project life cycle from bid to project completion
* Thorough understand of contracts, work flow processes, change orders and man power planning
* Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others without direct reporting relationships
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. Johnson Controls offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on Johnson Controls, please review our home page at: www.johnsoncontrols.com
JOHNSON CONTROLS IS AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/D/V