Sprinkler Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOHNSON CONTROLS IS A GLOBAL DIVERSIFIED TECHNOLOGY AND MULTI INDUSTRIAL LEADER SERVING A WIDE RANGE OF CUSTOMERS IN MORE THAN 150 COUNTRIES. OUR 117,000 EMPLOYEES CREATE INTELLIGENT BUILDINGS, EFFICIENT ENERGY SOLUTIONS, INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE AND NEXT GENERATION TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS THAT WORK SEAMLESSLY TOGETHER TO DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES. OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY DATES BACK TO OUR ROOTS IN 1885, WITH THE INVENTION OF THE FIRST ELECTRIC ROOM THERMOSTAT. WE ARE COMMITTED TO HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS WIN AND CREATING GREATER VALUE FOR ALL OF OUR STAKEHOLDERS THROUGH STRATEGIC FOCUS ON OUR BUILDINGS AND ENERGY GROWTH PLATFORMS.
* Oversees and directs Construction Management.
* Communicates directly with Contractors & Designers concerning project cost, staffing, coordinating and scheduling.
* Manages a specific portfolio and completing multiple concurrent construction projects of large size with high degree of risk and complexity.
* Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications.
* Assisting proposal activities, attendance in pre-bid meetings, selection of subcontractors, maintain project documentation, manage materials purchases.
* Manage project, change orders, man-loading charts, weekly progress reports, material and equipment deliveries, completion dates and other elements as required to control the project in accordance with approved budget.
* Develop and maintain project schedule.
* Maintain a set of report and working drawings where applicable, consulting with local building codes and AHJs.
* Acts as primary interface for owner/customers.
* Conduct/Attend construction meetings, maintain safety program, scheduling and change order management and project close-out documentation.
* Perform other duties as business needs dictate and as required.
* Coordinates and works with field management to manage resources in order to meet construction schedules and budgets
* NICET 3 Certification or higher in Sprinkler Layout and Design or NICET 3 or higher in Special Hazards Suppression Systems
* Project Management experience with a proven and documented track record or minimum 5 year related experience managing staff, customers and contractors
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in Construction Management or related field
* Excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills are necessary.
* Demonstrate supervisory/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, district administration and effective interaction with customers.
* Must have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Must be avle to pass all company required background checks.
Only applicants that possess the above qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at: http://www.simplexgrinnell.com/.
SIMPLEXGRINNELL IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER