Sprinkler Service Sales Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
Responsibilities of a Sprinkler Service Sales Representative include professionally representing the company, promoting and selling Fire Sprinkler services and small Fire Sprinkler installation projects or remodels to contractors and end users within an assigned territory and accounts. Will establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service work by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing outlined marketing strategies. Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings. Estimate small installation and remodel projects including day-works as required. Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives. Must be able to build new business associations / relationships and grow the sprinkler service business by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers.
* 5 years Sales experience (in a similar industry preferred.)
* Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
* Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
* Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
* Must be familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
* Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and organize work.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows and Oracle systems.
* Possess a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
* Ability & willingness to work as a team player, must be able to work well with others.
* Must pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
JOHNSON CONTROLS OFFERS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PLAN INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE, FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS, PAID LIFE INSURANCE, MATCHING 401(K), ONGOING TRAINING, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MORE. AND BECAUSE WE\'RE PART OF JOHNSON CONTROLS, WE CAN PREPARE YOU FOR A CAREER ON A GLOBAL SCALE.