Sprinkler Service Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Sprinkler Service Sales Representative to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Sprinkler service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
* Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
* Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
* Familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
* Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers, general contractors and end users.
* Estimate small projects including day-works as required.
* Ability to build new business associations / relationships and grow the Sprinkler Service Business.
* 2 years Sales experience in a similar industry preferred.
* Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
* Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
* Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
* Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and organize work.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Window / Office 2007.
* Valid drivers license and good driving record.
* Ability & willingness to work as a team player, must be able to work well with others.
SimplexGrinnell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.