Sprinkler Technician- 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Red Hawk Fire & Security
Silver Spring, MD
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA 13
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, devices and critical components
- NICET certification in sprinkler preferred; obtaining minimum NICET Level I required within 1 year of employment
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and database (software) programs
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Valid driver s license with acceptable driving record, will conduct background/DT
- Ability to work a full-time schedule
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice
- Participate in after-hours on call program
- Available for travel, which may include nights and weekends
- NICET certification for Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems
- NICET certification for Water-Based (formerly Automatic Sprinkler System) Layout
(Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Troubleshoot different types of water-based sprinkler systems
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determine if additional information is needed
- Available for scheduled on-call to respond to emergency service calls
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with Service Coordinator, Dispatcher, Management, and Customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Lift, move and carry equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Complete monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner. Maintain accurate truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Partner with sales to grow and protect the service segment of our business
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Red Hawk Fire & Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethics and business conduct in all our relationships, including those with customers, suppliers and team members.