Sr. Account Executive - US Army, Arlington, VA
Gartner - Arlington, VAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Gartner Gartner
- Arlington, VA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- not provided
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
GARTNER, INC. (NYSE: IT), the world's leading information technology research and advisory company has provided clients with cutting-edge advice that thought leadership across the full spectrum of IT for 30 years. From CIO's and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in11,000 distinct organizations worldwide.
Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role, and help them achieve their business objectives through the intelligent and efficient use of information technology.
The NORTH AMERICAN STRATEGIC ACCOUNT ORGANIZATION (SAO) leads the way as a dedicated sales channel for the largest government, commercial and high-tech organizations in North America. Our clients demand more - and SAO delivers more for them, for us, and for our Company. SAO brings together many of Gartner's finest and most tenured sales professionals, sales leaders, and business unit partners to deliver extraordinary client value, and to leverage global and regional best practices. Our focused mission is to deliver outstanding business performance, new career opportunities and income, and high-quality professional development.
We are currently recruiting for a SENIOr ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE to work within our Strategic Accounts Organization. We are looking for a world-class salesperson with experience selling IT solutions or consulting services into the top levels(CXO, CIO and CTO) of the US ARMY ACCOUNT. As a Senior Account Executive at Gartner, you will enjoy a senior level sales role and you will manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within the Department of Defense. THIS POSITION IS REMOTE BASED; POSSIBLE LOCATIONS ARE ATLANTA, GA OR BALTIMORE, MD OR HUNSTVILLE, AL OR PHILADELPHIA, PA.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Consult with C-level executives within the U.S. Army client to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner's products and services
* Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
* Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
* Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
* Orchestrate resources and build virtual teams committed to and accountable for your client's success and build virtual teams committed to and accountable for your client's success
FOR THIS VITAL ROLE, WE REQUIRE:
* Minimum 7+ years of proven consultative selling experience, preferably selling technology products or services to large international companies
* Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the US ARMY and the business and technology issues it faces
* Consistently outperform sales quotas; Achievement driven; Highly competitive
* Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
* Ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decision support to global organizations
* Ability to prospect and manage C-Level and senior level relationships
* Strong organization skills to navigate inter-departmental resources and coordinate across Gartner Lines of Business
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Bachelor's Degree preferred or comparable experience
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.