Sr. Accountant - CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for Senior Accountant in our Merchantville, NJ office. Individual at this level should have a minimum of three years' experience as a staff accountant and normally have passed the CPA exam and/or have 150 credit hour education requirements or Master's degree or currently pursuing. Seniors are expected to:
* Know and understand the reasons behind the firm's policy and procedures.
* Process technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
* Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
Accounting and Audit engagements:
* Demonstrate development of a command of GAAP, OCBOA, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations.
* Obtain a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
* Assume responsibility for efficiently supervising both audit and non-audit engagements.
* Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
* Become proficient at tax research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
* Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
* B.S. in Accounting, including 150 credit hour education requirement or Master's degree or currently pursuing
* 3 to 4 years public accounting experience
* CPA or currently working toward license
* Intelligent, motivated, team player
* Trustworthy, dependable
* Accounting, auditing, tax and research knowledge
* Sound writing and communication skills
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple assignments and meeting deadlines
* Ability and willingness to learn
* Stable work history
BENEFITS OF OUR FIRM INCLUDE:
* Our professional staff are versed in both audit and tax disciplines
* Operate in a paperless environment
* In the office, we are informal, diverse, and business casual
* Competitive salary
* Competitive health benefits
* 401K plan with firm contributions
* Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days plus annual comp time and/or bonus based on performance
* Paid sick time
* Paid Time Off for CPA Exam
* Reimbursement for CPA Review Course
* Early office closure during summer
* Firm paid dues, networking and civic/community events and CPE
* Partners very accessible and involved