Sr Accountant - Financial Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
We are looking for SR ACCOUNTANT - FINANCIAL SERVICES at BELLEVUE, WA
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
POSITION: SR ACCOUNTANT - FINANCIAL SERVICES
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA 98006
DURATION: FULL TIME
The Financial Services Accounting team is currently seeking a senior accountant role that would be reporting to the Financial Services Accounting Senior Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in accounting, as well as the ability to handle a large volume of data and complex Excel models/analysis. Core functions will be focused around understanding our baseline accounting operations and transactions, improving the operating effectiveness for the related accounting processes, close functions, and other ad hoc projects and analysis. This is a highly dynamic area of our company and a fast growing team; the ideal candidate would work well through ambiguity, thrive off of a changing environment, and possesses excellent teamwork and communication skills.
* Knowledge & Technical Skills
* Strong understanding of accounting theory and experience with accounting GL and reporting systems.
* Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope and to communicate technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
* Applyfinancial analysis techniques to complex problems used in decision-making.
* Ability to mine, manage, and analyze large volumes of data.
* Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance various projects simultaneously, understanding prioritizations, with excellent attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* CPA and experience with factoring/securitization, and/or the banking or telecommunication industry preferred.
* 4+ years of relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years of relevant accounting experience with a large regional or Big Four accounting firm.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Wide-ranging experience working with cross business groups (i.e., FP periodically test reports to improve operations and for SOX compliance. Design & produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances. Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
* Be a proactive team member and a resource for otheraccountants on the team and across the business. Provide input and guidance by leading effective meetings with team and business partners.
* Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and communicated across the business groups.
* Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and document the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.