Sr Accountant - Plant 9/17/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position provides support to Quorum users, assists in the maintenance and testing of Quorum systems from a midstream accounting perspective.
- Understanding of the functionality of the Quorum software suite and applies knowledge to maintain and update the system from a midstream accounting point of view.
- Applies midstream accounting knowledge, including allocations, imbalances, producer contracts, and marketing to ensure proper setup and performance of the Quorum software suite.
- Provides problems solving support for complex issues that include technical and functional system issues.
- Assists in verification of control points in the system to ensure data integrity.
- Works collaboratively with system business owner to understand, document and formalize detailed system requirements.
- Works with business teams to clarify system capabilities, application requirements, testing, procedures, and priorities within the midstream accounting group.
- Assists in setting up new acquisitions and new business.
- Ensures system process controls exist and provides suggestions to improve system and process efficiencies.
- Creates queries to extract data from the Quorum suite to support midstream accounting and others in the organization.
- Helps answer internal and external customer inquiries.
- Maintains Quorum software knowledge through participation in Quorum user conferences and testing of software updates.
- Strong computer skills and systems knowledge: Quorum TIPS and advanced Excel preferred.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills and work habits.
- Sense of initiative with desire to become truly involved in the business.
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in oil and gas accounting; midstream experience preferred.
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications