This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Sr Accountant position is responsible for maintaining the functions of the accounting; reporting and financial operations related to the Insurance Company subsidiaries of Express Scripts. Manage and evaluate month-end close responsibilities, working with cross-functional teams to ensure data received from our Third-party Medicare vendor is provided in the most efficient manner possible. Focus on compliance, strengthening internal control environment and coordination of licensing activities with the Legal Department. Provide guidance to the Financial Planning and Analysis team regarding budgets and forecasting. Interface with State Insurance Departments, as needed, regarding questions concerning quarterly and annual filings and regarding on-site or desk audits performed by the state.
* Perform general ledger reconciliations and account analysis, including reconciling sub-ledger balances to the general ledger
* Maintain accounting and reconciliation controls and procedural enhancements for Insurance Companies
* Review and post monthly journal entries
* Analyze variances to forecast and report to management
* Manage audit requests; prepare communication between management and audit teams
* Review quarterly and annual statutory financial reports
* Work on special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent
* 2-5 years relevant experience
* PC skills, Microsoft Office programs, strong Excel and Access skills
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls
* Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation
* Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental and project deadlines
*LI - PM1
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.