This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
* Prepare and analyze general ledger journal entries; verify the accuracy of recorded accounting transactions and ensure compliance with GAAP.
* Summarize balance sheet account activity; prepare periodic balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Maintain and/or reconcile accounting subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger (AR, inventory, fixed assets, AP, grower payables, prepaids, accrued liabilities, etc).
* Prepare and review various operating tax returns; prepare and accumulate support documentation for various vendor, grower or operating tax payments.
* Research and/or provide accounting information to middle management customers, as well as Corporate headquarters.
* Prepare accounting reports for monthly close and financial reporting cycles.
* Implement new department processes.
* Assist in the development and analysis of the annual operating budget.
* Prepare audit schedules for both internal and external auditors.
* Prepare various ad hoc accounting reports as requested by customers (especially quarter-end and period-end).
* Document general ledger account descriptions, policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
* Create new PC models to perform allocations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge/Skills: Organization, accuracy, attention to detail, ability to analyze data and provide creative solutions. Strong computer skills in PC and mid-range environments. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), procedures and application. Advanced knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of foreign and domestic tax laws. Ability to work independently and meet all required deadlines.
* Language Requirements: English
* Other: Must have the ability to make decisions, appear for work on time, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism. Working experience in Agriculture industry desirable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* B.A. Finance/Accounting. CPA a plus
* 15-7 years in Accounting or related field, or relevant corporate financial reporting experience
* Working experience in Agriculture industry desirable
Watsonville, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.