This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 9/9/2017
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference & stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans & insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being & peace of mind. Come join us & share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Standard is hiring for an Sr. Associate / Assistant Actuary with actuarial modeling expertise for a growth position within their Corporate Actuarial team. In this role, you will design & build modeling solutions in support of Corporate Actuarial initiatives, critical to The Standard s success, including embedded value analysis, interest rate risk management & hedging, & the forecasting & analysis of investments & capital. The role requires an actuarial background in one or more of The Standard s core products (annuities, life & disability insurance), and/or finance & investments.
* Contribute to development and implementation of The Standard s embedded value framework; use your expertise to ensure the framework is sustainable, accurate and effective in capturing material aspects of the business.
* Contribute to the analysis of The Standard s risk profile by supporting hedging and interest rate risk management infrastructure.
* Develop robust models that inform capital market decisions and supporting the growth of investment and insurance products within The Standard s portfolio.
* Partner with other modelers on the Corporate Actuarial team to design and develop solutions for new initiatives and to promote model control standards.
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, business, or related field
* FSA designation
* Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience applying practical modeling solutions to inform risk management strategies. Experience modeling investments, and an understanding of investment features and their effects on insurance and asset management businesses profitability is preferred.
* Effective collaboration with actuarial and business line leaders to evaluate, understand and quantify risk.
* Demonstrated expertise in GGY AXIS and/or SAS
* Experience in analysis, particularly analysis of capital market-related economic processes
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,