Sr. Administrative Assistant- Costa Mesa, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Bureau Veritas North America, Bureau Veritas Holdings
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Summary: Provides administrative and clerical support to relieve department managers or staff of administrative details. May coordinate messages, appointments, information to callers, file maintenance, department office supplies and mail. Researches, compiles and proofs word processing assignments. Operates automated office equipment. May be assigned to various functional areas of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Primary go to person for all administrative support functions in assigned department.
* Performs Data entry and maintenance of company databases, directories and records.
* Coordinates meetings, conference calls and associated calendar maintenance.
* Prepares and edits reports, spreadsheets and presentations as required.
* Manages and maintains filing systems (electronic and/ or hard copy).
* Act as office receptionist taking all incoming calls; processes mail, faxes, copying, FedEx shipments, etc.
* Performs HR support and/ or Recruiting functions as necessary.
* Supports Operations and Project Management staff as necessary.
* Assists with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Document Control, etc. as needed.
* Coordinates maintenance and ordering of Inspector equipment and supplies.
* Assists employees on timesheet and reporting requirements and policies
* Scans, e-mails and files electronic and paper reports for all contracts as directed.
* Completes ad hoc projects assigned by Operations or Project Management staff.
* Arranges travel as necessary for office and field staff.
* Orders supplies and maintain office equipment.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, and 3 years experience in office administration or similar, with at least 1 year of office management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous experience in an engineering, consulting or services firm preferred.
* Previous responsibility/ capacity with Human Resource administration preferred.
* Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal, with an exhibited high level of professionalism.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Knowledge and use of ERP systems (Deltek, Oracle, etc.) and Lotus Notes desired.
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel is limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: