Sr. Ambulatory Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. AMBULATORY SYSTEMS ANALYST
Job ID #: 68780
Job Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Associates Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: August 15, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital s Information Systems Department is on the leading edge of providing information technology in a healthcare setting. We connect healthcare professionals with the tools, technology and information they need to provide high quality, compassionate care. We manage and support all aspects of planning, design, implementation and operation of cost-effective information technologies and methodologies. The department promotes and carries out Best Practices in systems integration for the three major Northside facilities and numerous physician practices. In addition to system builds, Information Systems supports network infrastructures, servers, data storage, conventional and wireless connectivity, security, PCs and peripherals devices which directly and positively affect the end users, resulting in improved Patient Care. Join Northside Hospital for a rewarding career in the growing healthcare information systems profession!
Reporting to the Physician Practice Systems Integration Coordinator, the Sr. Ambulatory Systems Analyst will be responsible for leading technical projects related to the systems used in physician practices, performing maintenance related projects and providing support of physician practice systems, and participating in physician practice onboarding projects.
Assists the Applications Coordinator or Manager in the coordination of activities and resources for all hospital financial or clinical applications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Technical Projects: Participate in and manage technical projects for physician practices systems including integration with add-on products necessary for satisfying regulatory measures or interfacing systems with third party vendors. Process vendor requirements, examine current systems, produce specifications for new or modified systems, and maintain project plans for technical projects.
* Application Maintenance/Support: Assist with assessing the feasibility of system enhancements or process changes and their impact on primary and ancillary systems. Serve as liaison between practices and IT vendor as part of troubleshooting, problem resolution, and support during implementations, integrations, and upgrades of PM and EMR systems. Utilize application tool sets to enable software functionality and partner with other teams such as Finance, Operations, and Meaningful Use to achieve team goals and outcomes as it aligns with overall organizational strategy. Travel to locations for onsite support as needed.
* On-boarding: Manage activities related to on-boarding of new physician practices, organizing efforts with various teams within the IS department, and coordinating efforts with other hospital departments to ensure successful acquisitions and a high level of physician satisfaction. Manage conversion of existing system data to the standardized system utilized at Northside or interface existing systems with systems at Northside for proper integration. Perform detailed analysis of current state of physician practice, gap analysis and needs analysis for future state. Recommend and execute IS related needs to ensure practice will be in line with Northside standards and systems.
* Physician Liaison: Serve as a Physician Liaison between Information Systems department and the physician community. Represent Northside Hospital in a professional manner by providing services such as acquisition planning, application training, demonstrations, and customer service to physician groups. Develop relationships with physician practice leadership, Operations, Revenue Integrity, Quality, IS leadership, and associated physicians in employed practices and service agreement practices.
Candidate must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, changing and growing healthcare environment. Being in a project focused environment, this individual must produce quality, collaborative work in an organized manner while managing multiple projects independently. The ability to prioritize and manage time effectively is a must. With a desire to learn and grow, this person must also be able to share knowledge and make presentations in a group environment.
Candidate must be able to apply logic to the analysis, development and implementation of IT solutions centered on complex workflows. Change management skills are necessary to lead implementations that will result in significant changes to workflow processes for associates, physicians, and physicians office staff throughout the organization. Candidate must be able to guide physicians and hospital departments through challenging decisions that present conflicting priorities during system implementations.
Proficient in use of project management, word processing, flowcharting, and database applications will be key skills this candidate must have. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Three (3) years experience in healthcare systems support
* Strong analytical, technical and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
* B.S. degree HIT, MIS, Computer Science or related field, or five (5) years healthcare IT experience
* Practice acquisition and onboarding experience a plus
* Experience in interfaces and HL7 messaging a plus
* Ambulatory Clinical workflow experience is a plus
* Strong understanding of:
* IT infrastructure
* Software development best practices
* Interpreting vendor requirements documents
* Relational database concepts
* Common medical terminology
* Common technical terminology
Required: B.S. Degree in Nursing, Business, Systems, or related field or Five (5) years healthcare financial or clinical experience Two (2) years healthcare financial or clinical systems experience (with B.S. Degree) Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Preferred: Five (5) plus years healthcare financial or clinical systems experience (with B.S. Degree) Experience in Project Management Knowledge of McKesson applications
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 8a-4:30p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity.