Sr Analyst 9/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Analyst with GREIF, this position is responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial data to assess business performance and satisfy reporting requirements as defined by U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. This position assists with preparing, analyzing and producing reports on a monthly, quarterly and aual basis. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who is strong with accounting fundamentals, clear with verbal/written communication skills, and can independently manage multiple assignments.
* Assists in the monthly, quarterly and aual consolidation and closing activities.
* Prepares monthly, quarterly, and aual financial information to be distributed to management.
* Assists with compliance efforts as defined under U.S. GAAP.
* Assists with the monthly analysis of cost accounting activities and aual overhead rate analysis.
* Assists with all governmental regulatory reporting requirements.
* Prepares reconciliations for assigned accounts.
* Interacts with internal and external auditors and assists in the documentation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
* Assist with capital expenditure reporting and analysis.
* Assess and implement new policies and generally accepted accounting principles as they are issued.
* Completes special projects as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
* CPA, Master s Degree preferred.
* 3-5 years accounting experience. Manufacturing business or public accounting experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Analytical and technical GAAP knowledge related to a wide variety of topics.
* Position requires verbal and written communication skills and will be held to a high degree of confidentiality.
* Individual must be detail-oriented but able to communicate with all levels of the organization, have good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and must be a team player.
* Position works in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
* Overtime required as needed.
* May require some travel
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran