Sr Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
As a member of the global analytics team, this person will utilize business, problem solving, data mining, and analytics skills to develop key strategic quantitative analysis for the Global Digital Marketing & Ecommerce team. Analysis will generally be complex in nature, where large volumes of data are synthesized into actionable recommendations using SQL tools, analysis software (SAS), Web Analytic Tools (e.g. Omniture) and various statistical techniques. In addition to delivering new business insights through execution of analytic projects, this role will be responsible for providing ongoing strategic guidance and recommendations to the Digital Marketing team.
* Solve complex business problems by using predictive modeling, experimental design and scalable reporting
* Execute on adhoc requests & long term work streams effectively utilizing staples customer data set, web data set & digital marketing data set & articulate actionable questions/hypotheses and derive the "why" of an analysis
* Utilize SAS and other statistical packages to create and automate complex reporting of Digital Marketing Scorecards.
* Conducting Lifetime Value analysis across all vehicles and making budget allocation recommendations for the business based on Analysis
* Become an expert in the Staples digital data ecosystem (Hadoop, Teradata, Omniture, Attribution platform, vendor data etc.)
BachelorDegree or Equivalent Work Experience
4+ years of experience in writing codes from Scratch in SAS/ SQL for mining insights targeted at solving business issues. Expert at using MS Excel.
2+ years of experience in conducting highly quantitative analytics
2+ years' experience in utilizing of statistical concepts for digital marketing and/ or experimental design ( A/B test design, measurement)
Involved in at least one project in performing cookie level analysis targeted at supporting digital initiatives
Experience in working with & merging data from multiple data sources
Enjoys working in a highly quantitative role within fast paced environment, with changing priorities and operate under tight deadlines
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills as well as demonstrated skills in fact based analysis, including the ability to persuasively present insights and recommendations to senior management
Master's in a quantitative field ( Master's in statistics/ Computer science etc)
Experience with tools like Hadoop/Hive, R, Python, MicroStrategy/ Tableau
Retail/ Ecomm experience preferred.
Previous experience with digital analytics on an agency side is an added advantage
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law._