Sr Analyst, Health Economics Job
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 158653
Responsible for the development and implementation of health economics and outcomes research initiatives
Develop, implement, and manage health economics and outcomes research activities for BSC working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify key outcomes planning needs and help develop and implement health economics and outcomes planning strategies for BSC products.
- Implement tactical planning activities required to achieve health economics and outcomes research strategic objectives (e.g., preparation of literature reviews, design and evaluate clinical research studies, select appropriate quality of life instruments, select productivity loss measures and other patient data collection tools for input into clinical trials, etc.).
- Assess health economics and outcomes research opportunities and challenges facing the division's emerging technologies and commercially marketed products and communicate business impact to senior management.
- Work with new product development teams to ensure health economics and outcomes research needs are incorporated into product development plans and timelines; ensure all necessary new product development deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Provide appropriate in-service training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and outcomes research competency and its role in supporting a product's success.
- Develop and communicate study/research results through conference abstracts/presentations and peer-reviewed published manuscripts.
- Preparation of clinical and economic dossiers for submission to health authorities, technology assessment boards, and payers.
- Help build relationships in key markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills in the areas of health economics and/or outcomes research and planning. The position requires the candidate to be current in the field and able to work in a wide array of settings.
- Minimum 3-5 years in health economics and/or outcomes research, preferably with experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device or pharmaceutical arena.
- Masters degree or higher (e.g., MS, MPH, MBA, PhD, DrPH, JD) or equivalent. Formal training in health economics, public health, health services research, policy analysis, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration or related discipline preferred.
- Management experience leading functional and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. and global healthcare systems including expertise in health care financing and technology assessment.
- Strong communications skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Health Economics & Reimbursement||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Law, Product Development, Pharmaceutical, Economics, Legal, Research, Science, Finance