Sr Analyst IT BSC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Business Services Company (BSC) position at PHI. This position supports the design, documentation and management of telecommunication systems in the Telecommunication and Network Engineering Department. This position performs work that conforms to all project/task requirements that requires basic understanding and application of telecommunication engineering theories, standards, concepts, techniques associated with the design, installation and provisioning of utility telecommunication systems. Provides and documents settings and configurations of telecommunication systems. Provide engineering and technical direction in the implementation of telecommunication system projects, studies, plans and engineering activities requiring initiative and sound engineering judgment. Will work on configuration and administration of state-of-the-art telecommunication systems such as Synchronized Optical Networks (SONET), Ethernet switched networks, firewalls and radio networks. This position is a NERC regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Bachelor s degree and typically 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience to include the following:
- Network Routing Protocols: IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIPv1, RIPv2, IS-IS, EGP, BGP
- Routed Network, Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, BOOTP, SSH, FTP. TFTP, SMTP, SNMP, SLIP, PPP, ARP, RARP, SIP
- Networks: Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, SONET, ISDN, OSI, Frame Relay, T1 and T3
- Installation and configuration network support systems: syslog servers, radius servers, bootp/dhcp servers, ftp servers, tftp servers, ntp servers, PTP servers, dns servers.
Experience demonstrating skill using and configuring thefollowing network tools:
- SolarWinds, VitalQIP, Network General Sniffer Portable, WireShark, Entersys products, Visio, CA products, Microsoft Windows and windows product installs, Linux and Linux application installs.
Knowledge of business practices and processes in the following:
- Traveling to various company locations and work sites
- Working extended hours including holidays and weekends with little or no notice, on call and during storms and system emergencies.
- Adhering to safety regulations and policies
- Wearing and using safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing).
- Working in a variety of work environments which may include outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces, climbing, underground and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Strong problem management/solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Bachelor s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based analytical software and/or presentation software.
Experience demonstrating skill using design software (for example, CAD software, Visio).
Experience designing, installing, and documenting electric utility systems.
Experience developing cost estimations, scope documents, schedules and reports.
Coursework in telecommunications engineering and/or computer science including computer
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers