Sr. Analyst, International Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Publicly traded, global Biotech company
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, we cover a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for a U.S. International Senior Tax Professional to join the Tax Team and focus on U.S. international tax reporting, including tax provision, tax compliance, and tax planning.
* Prepare Forms 5471, 8865, 8858, 1118 and related work papers for U.S. owned foreign entities.
* Identify transactions that create and prepare calculations for Subpart F, foreign source and previously taxed income.
* Identify transactions that create and prepare calculations Section 956 deemed dividends, 986 currency gain or loss, and 78 tax gross-up calculations.
* Create and prepare Company work papers relating to earnings and profits, foreign tax credit pools, and other tax attributes.
* Calculate current and projected U.S. foreign tax credit utilization and carry forward positions.
* Compile data and assist with the preparation of transfer pricing calculations and documentation.
* Research technical international tax matters and prepare memoranda to document conclusions.
* Engage in special projects, including tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, provision, forecasting, tax audits, corporate initiatives and identifying process efficiencies.
* Ensure that all filing deadlines are met in compliance with the Company Tax Calendar.
* Perform other duties as required.
* BachelorDegree in Accounting, CPA or MST preferred.
* Minimum 3+ year Tax Department work experience within a multinational company or Big Four firm, including at least one year direct international tax responsibility.
* Proven knowledge of international aspects of U.S. taxation as well as foreign taxation.
* Solid understanding of ASC 740 and U.S. federal taxation.
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to highlight unexpected results.
* Strong oral, written, computer, interpersonal, analytical, and technical communication and presentation skills including MS Office proficiency and knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource RS tax software, OneSource Provision software, OneSource Workflow Manager (Dataflow), BPC, and other related financial software.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with non-tax business partners related to international tax matters.
* Valid Passport with ability for domestic and international travelrequired.