Sr Analyst - Inv Rel & Fin 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Investor Relations and Treasury and is responsible for gathering and processing information for inclusion in publications that communicate the Partnership's results and strategies to investors, analysts, senior management and the board of directors. The primary goal of the IR team is to educate and update unitholders and analysts about the strategic direction and financial results of Sunoco LP. This role has a high degree of responsibility and visibility to senior management, sell-side analysts and public investors.
This position is based in Sunoco LP's Dallas, Texas office.
* Be a liaison between the Investor Relations Dept and all other facets of the business
* Work with Financial Planning and Analysis and Accounting to gather and analyze data
* Assist in drafting news releases and other communications
* Research and target potential investors
* Perform regular trading and unitholder analysis on SUN and its peers
* Monitor analyst consensus and stay up to date on research and models that the sell side research analysts publish on SUN
* Prepare regular communications on SUN, the Master Limited Partnership space, the convenience store industry and other regulatory / economic developments for senior leadership and the board of directors
* Build and maintain a peer analysis / competitor model and dashboard
* Maintain and update Investor Relations sections of company website
* Manage investor relations inbox and assist with retail investor requests
* Perform various other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
* Prior experience in company side investor relations or financial planning and analysis
* Experience with financial analysis / modeling and stock market fundamentals
* Buy-side or sell-side experience (preferred)
* Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting (MBA preferred)
* Ability to establish internal and external credibility
* Ability to work in an intense environment with senior leadership visibility
* Ability to work under pressure, adapt to last minute changes and prioritize effectively
* Strong communications skills - written and verbal - ability to translate technical / financial information into effective strategic messaging
* High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.