Sr. Analyst, SOX Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONm Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
Emcore Corporation has an immediate need for a Sr. SOX Analyst on a full time basis. The Senior SOX Analyst will provide direct assistance and support to the SOX program in monitoring compliance with SOX and other audit requirements. In addition, the associate will also play a significant role in special finance/audit projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in managing the SOX controls and risk assessments related to manufacturing business processes, ITGCs and business application process controls.
* Assist in the annual risk assessment and identification of related risks and mapping to processes
* Assist in the development of test of controls, test data, monitoring, and execution
* Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual project plan for the Company's compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and PCAOB standards, including coordination with IT leadership, Internal Audit and the Company's external auditors
* Research and implement best practice controls for operating system, database and application systems
* Monitor changes in the within the business processes, IT environment, and SOX/Operational compliance
* Support SOX activities level from planning / risk assessment to remediation
* Work with the business users and external auditors to satisfy SOX requirements
* Participate in other special projects such as revenue recognition task force (SOX implications)
* Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance and/or related course or equivalent work experience
* CISA, CIA or similar widely recognized certification
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* 5+ years' experience in internal audit or public company with experience in working with both IT applications and IT infrastructure; managing or implementing IT SOX controls; and evaluation of deficiencies and remediation plans.
* Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, COSO 2013, SEC and PCAOB requirements
* Experienced in monitoring the Sarbanes-Oxley program to ensure results are consistent with established objectives and goals.
* Knowledge of accounting/financial reporting concepts
* Ability to plan, conduct, and manage assignments with minimal supervision and within the time allocated and able to work with individuals at all levels, including executive management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong PC skills are required, including expertise of MS Excel functionalities and working knowledge of Access software.
* Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
* Strong requirements gathering, analysis and organization skills
* Ability to self-start and work independently
* Ability to work independently and/or with minimum supervision
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and people-management skills
* Strong business writing skills
* CPA (preferred)