Sr Analyst, Tax 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Tax Analyst The Senior Tax Analyst position exists to help insure that T-Mobile meets its sales/use tax and transaction tax obligations. The position will support the transaction tax policy team, which provides guidance to the tax group regarding the taxability of the Company's goods and services and its purchases in order to help optimize the Company's tax function.2-5 years of relevant experience in Big 4 public accounting, law firm, and/or the communications industryMinimum Bachelor's Degree; Bachelors or Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax preferred; or J.D. and/or Tax LL.M. preferredStrong knowledge of tax laws with the ability to research complex tax issuesStrong knowledge of office software including Word, Excel and AccessStrong knowledge of leading tax research tools, like Lexis, CCH and/or CheckpointAbility to work simultaneously on numerous projectsStrong written and verbal communication skillsAbility to communicate complex and technical information clearly and conciselyReview and monitor the payment of sales/use tax on procure-to-pay processes, including tax payments to vendors, captive procurement and/or leasing company, and the self-accrual of use tax with a focus on automation, process improvement, business education, and risk mitigation of tax underpayments.
- Identify opportunities to reduce tax overpayments on purchases, including preparation of refund claims, including research, invoice review, claim preparation and defense.
- Reconcile tax accruals and payments and coordinate data retrieval in support of refund claims.
- Perform tax research, review contracts, purchase orders, invoices and other relevant documentation to analyze application of tax to purchases and to the Company's offerings.
- Coordination between tax audit results and systems teams to assure continued compliance with expected tax policy, mitigating risk of overpayments and underpayments.
- Balance and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects, while coordinating with auditors, other departments, and other members of the tax team.
- Assist with review, drafting, and implementation of tax legislation.
- Any other special tax projects as needed.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .