Sr. Application Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Application Architect
St. Louis, MO
Salary: 130000 to 160000
Other Compensation 20% cash bonus and 20% equity bonus
We are looking for a Sr. Application Architect to with a proven ability to architect, design, develop and implement highly scalable and reliable IT systems. This is a new role intended to fuel and drive future technology growth and innovation. To help ESI plan for the future - we would like this person to have a deep knowledge of current technology trends, best practices as well as a vision for the future.
From a business perspective - this position will focus on solutions that enable the Center Operations organization and provide an enhanced patient and physician experience and strongly influence the Specialty patient and physician digital strategy. In addition, this position will focus on data transition design and overall project delivery of all Specialty data transformation initiatives within the Specialty technology area.
Ideal candidates will have a history of transformational and lateral thinking and ability to influence change. We are seeking people with an analytical mindset, critical thinking ability, and intellectual capacity to rapidly grasp and navigate solutions to problems. Background and understanding of our current tech stack which includes open source technologies, J2EE (JSP, Servlet, JSP, etc.), web application development, web services (REST/SOAP/XML), Rich Internet Applications, messaging infrastructures and databases is a plus.
This person provides the technical leadership in implementing short and long term strategies for their assigned team(s), will transform the strategies into prioritized initiatives, and is able to respond to urgent issues in their specific function without losing focus on longer term deliverables. As a technical leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of initiatives and manage relationships with other IT leaders. The person in this role may also lead internal cross-department IT initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for Express Scripts.
* Execute application architecture through working with delivery teams to enable the efficient and optimal use of ESI's technology assets, ensuring adherence to ESI's IT Strategy, Guidelines and Architecture Transformation
* Continuously evaluate industry standards, best practices and technology trends for their ability to support and enhance the goals of ESI's business. Perform long term and on-the-fly evaluations of solutions based on scenarios, outcomes and risk assessments
* Provide in-depth technical consultation to business partners and IT management/development to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies
* Review, identify and provide performance recommendations to delivery, capacity planning and systems administration teams. Perform financial assessments of platform changes and enhancements
* Work with technology partners (clients and vendors) to enable ESI's enterprise model. Inclusive of coordinating technology sharing / training sessions and preparing guideline documentation
* Direct the creation of reusable technology components within ESI's enterprise architecture. Responsible for large scale implementations and transformations through managing multiple stakeholders at all levels (business, technical and regulatory); understands and addresses organizational barriers
* Work with leaders of cross-functional teams sharing process improvements including engineering, system test, product management, operations, and quality. Engage in production support research and resolution recommendations, as required
* Bachelor's Degree Required; Master's Degree Preferred
* Minimum of 10+ Years IT experience, with direct experience implementing high volume multi-tier transactional systems, including: mainframe, web applications, workflow, imaging and web services.
* Mastery / certification in one or more standard architecture frameworks or technologies
* Experience leading a team leveraging agile development delivery methods; including, Scrum and Kanban
* Ability to define N-tier applications, understanding how they fit into the overall system architecture of a shared SOA platform and supporting IT infrastructure
* Solid communication skills (written & oral) with the ability to prepare clear and concise presentations, technical design / architecture specifications, status and other written artifacts
* Strong ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
* Ability to organize and coordinate cross-functional technical and business teams
* Demonstrate the ability to work with and clarify vague and ambiguous initiatives
* Familiarity with producing conceptual prototypes to visualize & demonstrate key concepts/capabilities to stakeholders
* Able to communicate and drive technology architectures, design patterns, architecture frameworks and software development/testing methodologies to developers, designers, business analysts, test engineers and testers
* Comprehension and demonstrated knowledge of software development lifecycle, including financial management, agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
* Key strengths include: leadership, team building, problem solving, analytic thinking, decision making, coaching, relationship building and adaptability
* Proven success coaching large, geographically distributed development teams to effectively use agile techniques. Inclusive of facilitating discussions, conflict resolution, providing guidance and advisement
* Able to prepare clear and concise presentations / updates specifically targeted for senior leadership
* Familiarity with Healthcare or Specialty Pharmacy / PBM industry very helpful
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule