Sr. Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE POSITION: SR. APPLICATION DEVELOPER
The Sr. Application Developer is a key contributor to the continuous improvement of IT applications and the success of the Pega. He or she will actively participate in the gathering of requirements, design and implementation of features and functionality integral to Pega's mission critical back office applications. This individual will have an advanced understanding of the main features of Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) and of enterprise application design and architecture. The Sr. Application Developer will complete work on schedule while following the proscribed software development lifecycle. He or she will perform unit testing and code reviews in order to improve softwarequality and guardrail compliance. He or she will collaborate closely with his/her peers in quality assurance and IT to deliver high qualitysoftware solutions for the enterprise.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Develop features and functionality integral to Pega's mission critical back office applications.
* Ensure the continuous improvement of Pega's mission critical applications through support and maintenance and the resolution of application defects as prioritized by the management team.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders including quality assurance, application support and development operations to deliver required features and functionality.
* Partner with senior resources on the technical design and implementation of software solutions.
* Think critically and creatively to improve the development process and the performance and overall quality of Pega's applications.
* A rapidly growing yet well-established business
* The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
* Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
* A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
The ideal candidate will be a gregarious creative thinker that enjoys collaboration and solving challenging software problems. He/she will feel comfortable taking initiative and leading his/her own solutions under the supervision of senior technical resources and the Development Manager. The ideal Sr. Application Developer will desire to continuously improve IT processes, applications and him/herself.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
* 5 years of progressively responsible experience or Masters with 3 years of experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions and applications
* Experience in all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process based applications
* Exposure to a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, WebSphere or Weblogic, JEE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), .Net, Oracle, DB2, and MS/SQL.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and applicability of Object-Oriented techniques and principles
* Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies