Sr. Applications Developer - UPS Freight
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Applications Developer
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, Then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements.
This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
Performs System Analysis and Design
* Participates in defining and developing technical specifications to meet systems requirements.
* Analyzes and translates logical designs to create physical designs.
* Assesses detailed designs and documentation to ensure alignment with business requirements.
* Defines interfaces among systems components to ensure interoperability.
Designs and Develops Moderate to Highly Complex Applications
* Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
* Reviews and understands specifications to achieve coding tasks.
* Reviews, analyzes, and refines requirements and specifications to ensure quality.
Develops Application Documentation
* Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
* Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met.
* Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Produces Integration Builds
* Defines and produces integration builds to create applications.
* Performs build processes to produce software and to prepare application for delivery.
* Produces integration test specifications to conduct tests, record failures, and conduct fault diagnoses.
Performs Maintenance and Support
* Defines and administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
* Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
* Documents maintenance and support activities to ensure quality control.
* Performs business continuity and disaster recovery activities to ensure availability requirements are met.
Supports Emerging Technologies and Products
* Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
* Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
* Determines relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
* C# - Advanced * SQL Language Advanced * Object Oriented Analysis and Design * Visual Studio 2010 and 2013
* ASP.NET (MVC Preferred)
The desired Senior Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity